Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Discrimination? Or not...

Quote of the day: For every action, there is an equal and opposite government program.

Once a upon a time, I decided to drive to work everyday. I applied for a season parking tag, on a monthly payment basis. In Biopolis where I work, there are two carpark basements, where seasonal users park are B2 and hourly users park at B3, and this is has been the policy forever.

Yesterday, I received a confirmed notification that all foreign-registered vehicles are to park at B3 only, to facilitate tracking of foreign vehicles as part of enhancing security measures. Now, this is new to me. I wonder if such policies are implemented anywhere else in the world, even in America where discrimination is a huge no-no. So, I am not sure if their reason given is at all really really 'sound'. Should I pursue? Or should I just shut up and comply and be discriminated.

3 comments:

Kean Hong said...

in Malaysia, for certain place, foreigner and local are paying two diff. fee of ticket. Local cheaper... and i wonder why we need two diff fee for the ticket... maybe Malaysia garment think foreigner richer...

by the way, i thought u car pool to work, using a van?

Ally said...

Foreigners are usually rich expats mah. In my case, I'm sure it meant Malaysian-National-Threat-To-Security bla bla bla. Whatever la.

No more taking van because it takes up more time. Driving more flexible so now I can jaga Daniel at nite... :)

Kean Hong said...

ohhh... modern mom's power!!! drive !!