Friday, April 27, 2007

Long Weekend Ahead

Why is it that whenever I get the rare chance of a long weekend break, I have to 'waste' at least half of it. I'll be off from work on Monday because it's Labour Day on Tuesday.

It's funny how I took such holidays for granted before I got married. Long breaks was just another regular weekend. I would've planned for a short getaway, but I was lazy. I just wanted to hang out in my own home doing nothing but watch meaningless TV shows. No motivation, no drive. Just brain hibernation.

Now, I would've done things differently. I would have seized every opportunities for nice trips to places I've always wanted to go, or go again. Not that I can't do it now, just that it's harder to make things happen because there's extra people who needs attention too. I think wanting to reward myself is NOT being selfish. I work, I endure the daily commuting, I try hard to please my parents and in-laws, I take care of my husband and my son, well, I think I deserve a good vacation damnit!

SO, I will be going to an island in the Bahamas!! OHHHH, to bask in the sun and pamper myself with spa treatments!

IN MY DREAMS.

Well, you know where I'll be. Have a good break!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

mom, go out and have fun ok. u need a break.

to lose balance sometimes for love is part of living a balanced life.

will be back tomorrow for a week due to the 'golden week' here in China. it has been a while since the last time we met. would love to catch up with you next week.

will text u soon.....

forza juve

Kean Hong said...

never heard from TJ for quite some time, how r u dude?

Anonymous said...

Hope you had fun.

Mike
http://somethingaboutparenting.typepad.com/


PS. I’ve started a photoblog at http://somethingaboutparenting.typepad.com/mike_leonen
Appreciate a visit and comments.

Anonymous said...

I am fine thanks! Same old same old!! Trust u and ur family are doing great too! Apa sudah jadi dgn Ijok?

forza juve

Angeline said...

eh going to seremban again is it?...sigh