Monday, December 24, 2007

Down Memory Lane

As I was clearing away unwanted stuff and going through my old photo collection and letters, cards and autographs, it brought me back to the 90's. I read an old diary I used to write in and I felt like I reading something that someone else had written. I have forgotten who I used to be and yes, I felt silly. But those were the events that made me who I am today and I will not trade it for anything in the world.
I can't remember when this picture was taken in uni, but it sure gave me the warm feeling. It's genuine, what we were. It's unpretentious. We were carefree and happy. As most undergrad students are.


And ohmigod look how young we were. This was taken at Taman Negara, 1998. I much prefer the way he looks now. All the manly charms...and extra flesh around the belly. Still the same heart.


*flashback to 1994* Way before digital images existed. Want to photoshop anything? Here.


X-files trading card. I'm keeping it for Daniel so that when he's 8 in school, all his friends exchange Ben Tennyson, Power Rangers, Transformer cards, he is the only one in class that has the exclusive edition of alien cards.

Autographs, autographs, autographs. Roses are red, violets are blue, friends forever, I'll remember you.... These days, everyone writes on everyone's Facebook, which by the way... I suck at it.



***
How to prepare a meal that's refreshing, light yet fulfilling, Sou Men cold noodles.
The ingredients.
Sou Men. Comes in bundles per packet. Bundles= one serving.
Tsu Yu. Sou Men soup base. Dilute with one volume of icy cold water.
Grated ginger, minced Japanese plum and sliced spring onions.



Bring water to boil. Cook soumen noodles until it floats. Sieve out and immerse in icy cold water for a minute. Sieve into a bowl of diluted cold soumen soup. Add the spring onion, grated ginger, minced plum and a pinch of wasabi if you likey. Served cold!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

3 comments:

Angeline said...

eh.. .photoshop my face out please!!!
it's fun to look back eh. I love looking at old stuff 2.

Anonymous said...

Holy Sh*t, that's my autograph to u!!! That pic was taken so almost 2 decade ago! Or mebbe less...

Ka Jin said...

Ally

i think the first photo was from my camera!