Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Seagate Backup Plus Slim Hard Disk for Mac

I have never in my blogging life, posted something technical on gadgets. But I found this to be very useful, so I'd like to share, because I believe there are techno-blondes like me out there.

I bought a Seagate Backup Plus Slim Portable Drive. I wanted to keep all my photos, my artworks and fonts in it as a storage and backup. Should be easy right? Plug and play? No lor.

I plugged it in, and a window pops up. I followed the instruction on the manual, to install the Seagate Dashboard Installer.dmg. Done. at one point you will have to select 'For Mac and PC' or 'For Mac'. I selected 'For Mac and PC', just in case. Done.

But I couldn't drag and drop my files into it. The Seagate Dashboard looks so alien to me. 

After much researching,  this is what I did, and it worked. The manual doesn't tell you this.

Go to Seagate's Support site and download the NTFS driver for Mac OS X.

That's it!! Now you can copy and paste your valuables onto your drive.



No comments: